Tuesday, August 26, 2008

At the Pepsi Center

Getting around to the different events has been somewhat challenging. Denver is kind of spread out, like Phoenix, and although public transportation is a little better, nothing is really walkable. I thought that the Convention Center and the Pepsi Center were the same thing, but they're not - silly me. Most of the daytime events are around the Convention Center and then we have to get to the Pepsi Center for the convention around 3.

Anyway, although it probably looks way better on TV, here is a picture of the convention floor:
When I first walked in, I was like, oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm here! It was pretty amazing.

The Arizona delegation is seated right below the boxes for the Biden and Obama families (so, lots of opportunites to see us on TV):












That is how close we are to Joe Biden. He got way more attention last night than he ever did during his Presidential race. I think he was kind of enjoying it.

One of the highlights of the evening was the tribute to Senator Ted Kennedy. Also, Michelle Obama's speech was absolutely amazing. I cried.

P.S. We aren't allowed to bring computers on the floor, except for Ted, who is our official blogger (linked on the side). If you want live blogging, I recommend going there, except that his battery ran out before Michelle's speech.

4 comments:

Becky W. said...

Dude! Also, I saw Joe Biden right by an Arizona sign and kept looking for you. How close were you to him? Can't see to much in the pic.

azgrandpa said...

it was a very inspiring evening. hope your lady spreads some more uplift on the crowd tonight. we were very excited, seeing the AZ placard every time the camera went to Sen. Biden.

Unknown said...

Was Governor Napalitano there? I think I saw the back of her head.

PapaK said...

Fantastic speech tonight! It must have been incredible to be there.

Cheers!